View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default BIG CONGRATS TO MY BOSTON CELTICS!!!!!!

Posted By: Scott Sarian

As a lifelong resident of Boston and a passionate fan, I am obviously ecstatic. That being said though, I can't stand all of the bandwagon fans that have come on board this year. I went to 5-6 games last year and every other year in recent memory with my father (we've both been big fans for as long as I have been alive), and although it was tough the past few years, it was still fun. This year was incredible, and what a way to win.

Boston - more than any other city I have seen - has such a huge number of bandwagon fans that jump on board once teams start winning. It's known around here as the "Pink Hat Factor" - basically a phrase which began with the Red Sox in 2004, when all the women who could care less about the game started showing up because it was the cool place to be. In order to look cool and hip at the game, they would wear their pink Red Sox hats. (Don't get me wrong or think I am sexist - I have an equal passion against the men who jump on the bandwagon as well; it's just that the "Pink Hat" name seems to say it all.)

This happened in 1993 with the Patriots when Parcells first showed up; it happened with the Sox in 2004, and now with the Celtics this season. It's nice to see the fans being so passionate right now, but I wish they would stick with the team when times aren't quite as great as they are right now.