View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 04:11 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPGS View Post
Dan didn't call it out because that card is NOT a reprint and I wouldn't pass it off that way. I know because I'm looking at it right now up close. While this is still a great card, it is ungraded and not in mint condition. It has a secretarial signature which is why wasn't authenticated or claimed to be signed even though it is original vintage.

I wanted to give more context to Robinson and the Bond Bread series, but the show didn't allow for that and cut a lot of historical reference footage that would have been more informative.

There are very few complete Bond Bread sets that exist in the hobby. I seriously doubt that Memory Lane sold one recently as Dan claimed for that amount which distorts the value. Given the continued appreciation for other Robinson rookie cards, this is what it is worth to me.

Jackie is timeless and frankly his transformative and successful example of mutual respect is the answer to the painful divisiveness we are witnessing in society today.
No disrespect; but in that condition (between MK, Auth, and Poor pretty much across the board) just about anyone could put that set together in a year between REA/Heritage etc and Ebay, for roughly 22k. Really hard to ask a 100% premium when none of the cards in the set are a premium. just my $.02