View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Thanks I planned on making a competitive bid but why risk it with that kind of money when there is a potential issue..ill wait for something with no issues..
Whether you bid on any of these rings or other rings in other auctions you need to arm yourself with as much information as possible and look at as many examples of real rings as possible.

Some of the rings in the Heritage auction has the classic "D&C" engraving we have seen over and over. Some do not.

I am not saying that these rings are not authentic, but clearly a few of them have unusual markings I have not seen at auction before.

Yet they come with paperwork from the family. Like so many other rings, could the rings have been repaired or resized at Dieges and Clust? Why were some of these rings engraved with the commissioner of baseball mentioned?

Also, the Mattingly ring is clearly not an original ring. The engraving inside is found on rings made much later (if the engraving is authentic at all) and the details on the side of the ring are very poor quality. I blew up pictures of my player 1996 ring and saw the differences. Boy, someone will be disappointed with that ring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (28.7 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by sports-rings; 02-19-2015 at 01:13 PM.