Thread: BST Flippers
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Feels odd to sell something nice on BST at what is a very reasonable price to a fellow board member, only to see it at an AH very quickly for more than I sold it for.

Yeah, I realize, that's how it works. When you sell something to someone they can do what ever than want with it. Just seems like when I sell to a board member I'm selling at a good price to a fellow collector and assume they are collecting it and not flipping.

I know, get over it.
If the item has been on the BST for a long time and nobody picked it up, then all good, take a chance (pick it up and try to resell it). However, if a board member puts something up on the BST at a fairly reasonable price, then, just my opinion, don't immediately purchase the item to put it up for sale again. Allow a board member to get it for their collection. If a lot of time passes and nobody has bought it, then it's fair game.

It would be nice to think that the members on this board are considerate of other board members as hobbyist first, and not a bunch of capitalistic butt heads that just want to make a dime off the hobby.