View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Bob Hamlin

Growing up my parents were divorced, so I would see my dad on the weekends. A neighbor came over and gave me a large tomato box full of late 70's to 1981 cards. Seeing it was something we both enjoyed, that's what started our collecting. Living in Willow Grove also helped. Through the old APBA Baseball game, we started collecting the cards players we liked, pretty random. We also started getting sets from 1975 to 89 and as we started to like older stuff, we sold all of that new stuff and built the T205 set. Dad still held on to his childhood, so we built the 1960 and 68 sets. We attempted to get a card from every HOF'er, then realized, we'd rather have Old Judges or players we liked over then some random players with no attachment....So while I dabble in some autographs, some catchers equipment and other stuff, we now mainly collect Pre-War cards.

It's funny, when the Willow Grove show moved to Ft Washington and I was getting older, I started taking my son to the show with my dad, and I had few dealers say, I remember when your dad used to hold your hand at this show, now you're doing it with your son.....Great memories