View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Ok, you T206 collectors, let me ask you this: do you feel compelled for all of your T206s to reside in a PSA/SGC slab at the time of purchase? Like post war card collectors, I have seen some of you all post pics of your T206 purchases with some slabbed, some not. Much like dealing with the big post war star cards, I would assume the big stars would be slabbed due to concerns over trimming, doctoring, etc. What about the commons? I mean, if you collected 150s how would you handle that? Slabbed or not?
It depends on your comfort level. I have been handling T206 since the 70's. I can just tell by looking most of the time if a card is short, by eye. When buying off the 'Bay, I always err on the side of caution. If he card is shaky and I do not have a relationship with the seller, I will move on.

Lately though, I have been "stabilizing my collection" by buying slabs and getting rid of the raw. If II was immortal, I would leave them raw but for ease of liquidation for me or the wife(). Sale of Slabs less is less opinion-driven.