View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 08:27 PM

I often share my wantlist with friends and dealers I trust. I generally don’t post them on a public forum, but that’s not because I am concerned about getting screwed. I have had a couple people over the years buy something they know I need and dangle it. Those people suck and I think they are shortsighted - I will no longer do deals with them and they likely lost out on lots of business with me over a single card.

I really try to help someone else if I can. However, sometimes I want a card I know someone else needs and I don’t want to stand down. DJ is a great example of that- I wanted a red crofts example, specifically an HOFer, and an Evers came up. I knew DJ needed it, but I really wanted it too. I won it and I love it. But if/when the time comes to part with it, DJ will 100% have first crack at it. It really sucks when you compete with friends and collectors you respect.

There are many people on this board who have helped me out over the years - Sean, Bryan, Chris, Wayne, Kevin, Joe, Andrew, Mike, Phil, Sonny, James and on and on. There are so many good guys on this forum, and I am so thankful for all the help I have gotten over the years. I hope I can reciprocate in time

My advice, I wouldn’t let a few bad crabs spoil the bushel.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 09-08-2021 at 08:28 PM.