View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 10:31 PM
Dave

I love all types of food, but at some point I hit an age where I realized if I ate too much of anything all at once, I was going to feel like trash for the next several days.

Try to pace myself now.

I can still get into trouble with takeout Chinese. That's a definite weakness for me, where my eyes are way bigger than my stomach, and I end up paying the price for it. Can't help just loading my plate up, while the rest of the family just looks at me...and basically dares me to eat everything on my plate.

I can pound down a lot of sushi, if it's actually any good, and is very fresh.

There's a very fine line between very good sushi and very bad sushi...and sometimes you can get both at the same place, depending on which day you go, who's working the kitchen, how fresh their most recent batch of fish is, and other various factors.

Most of the "all you can eat" places I've been to, don't make me want to actually eat very much there.

The smaller sushi places that tend to be the best to me, and I've had grocery store sushi that's way better then the stuff you might get in a fancy sit-down restaurant.