View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 05:51 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Major United States business entities are paying record amounts of money to broadcast games in a dying sport.

Tell me I am wrong. Show me I am wrong.

If no one is watching baseball these companies are really delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
For whatever reason, you seem to take condescending pleasure in denying or ignoring the undeniable facts that attendance and viewership numbers are seriously down, and that baseball has some serious issues. MLB is attempting to generate 18 to 35 year-old fan interest by changing and tinkering with the game in every possible way without addressing what people perceive (perception is reality) is the number one reason for interest decline: length of games. Length of games is 100% the result of advertising to generate revenue to pay player salaries. Thus, the length of games cannot be shortened. So, not just you, but MLB itself is ignoring or denying facts as well. I guess you can just ignore facts, and everything is great. My wife is one of those "half full" people also. I've just seen enough in my 64 years that I take what would seem to me to be a more realistic way of looking at things.

That said, it is indeed opening day (Yankees - Red Sox got pushed back a day on account of weather), the grass is green...Play Ball!

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-07-2022 at 05:51 PM.