View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 01:56 PM
Steve

Default The fair sex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
...One sure sign of the lunacy: my wife yelled at me yesterday for not spending more money on baseball cards twenty years ago. She said "Why don't you have any of these expensive cards? Didn't you have the chance to buy some?" I said "Sure, but with what? I was sole support for a new house and you and a toddler. What was I supposed to do tell you to skip meals for a week or turn off the heat because i wanted to buy a baseball card?"
Adam - thanks for reminding me of the hilarious side benefits of married life. I used to stash my collection in a huge lockbox in an unheated garage because my better half once tried to give it away to a relative while I was out of town on business. That little gift would have included all of the Topps and Bowman sets from '51 to '55 in ex-mt or better, along with numerous other sets from the time period. Granted, it was back in the '80's, but it took all of my self control to keep from putting her tchotchke collection out on the lawn for sale while she was at work. I imagine if we were still attached, there would be a lot of pressure now to sell so that we could get into the lucrative rare tchotchke market.