View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I don't have a ton of binders like some have here but the sets I do have binders for, this is how I do it. I keep them standing up so I can easily access them. I use closest to the cheapest binder that I can find at Staples. I determine the thickness of the sheets with cards in them to hold a complete set and purchase a binder thickness that's equal to that measurement. This way when they are side by size on a shelf, the pages can't curl. For set's that are not complete and are in progress, I buy a cheap pad of paper and use it as a spacer until there's enough cards in the pages to fill the thickness of the binder. I usually use UltraPro pages. Cards that go in the pages are usually not valuable 10's. Cards from the 1980's probably average an 8 when coming out of a pack and into a pocket page. The little bit of movement of the cards will likely not affect the original grade they would have gotten. Lastly, I believe that pocket pages were meant to help enjoy the set you built, while keeping them clean and in order. They were never designed to replace a PSA case.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11