View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 06:49 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Thanks for the tip. I have tried to take good looks at scans when buying online. But I know there's some stuff you can't see through a scan.

As far as payment, I only buy when I have paypal money available (from selling other cards). That way I don't link it to a bank account and don't run up a credit card that I may not be able to pay back. I don't like to use our family money for cards.

Also I don't buy graded. I've never dealt in it, and I don't want to start. I'm strictly a raw person (I enjoy putting the cards into pages in my notebook and in my set).

I've had people, especially here, ask for my email, but I'm reluctant to give it out. I don't know what the other person is going to do with it. That's another question I have. Why does everyone go through email? I don't understand why people can't just post the IMG link from Imgur, Photobucket, whatever, to a PM or the thread.

So sometimes I've bought without actually seeing scans and just going off what the seller/other trader tells me as far as condition, creases, etc. But that's only here and just a couple of times. I actually haven't been burned, knock on wood, when that's happened. It's only when I've seen photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
raw or graded, when buying online you MUST see a good quality scan and buy from a reputable person/dealer. Consider using a credit card thru paypal for double buyer protection.

Sometimes even a graded "2" can be more aesthetically pleasing than a "5". So buy the card, not the grade.

Last edited by wdwfan; 06-15-2020 at 06:53 PM.