View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 08:55 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Bob, I could have chosen more examples. Dave's question has already been answered by many others above. I was responding to Chad's 5 or so posts in a row that cards are bad and realized I was going off topic, and tried to circle back.

I know I oversimplify things and make too many loose analogies.

Around 1980,T206 Cobbs in vg were around $125 when the Leaf Jackie was $45. Leaf Ruth was $75. Prices have soared in the last 20 years. To me the wild surge around the pandemic were cards from 2000-present, which to me is a different hobby.
Rob,

No problem, you make great points, but I was thinking in terms of what the OP was specifically asking about in regard to the main T206 set. The vast majority of which is actually going to be cards of common players. I can also see, and understand, your point about responding to others. I fully agree with you in regard to what you were saying about the Jackie card, but like I pointed out, that Jackie card, as well as Ruth's Leaf card, and so on, are not exactly your normal, everyday common cards. LOL And cards such as those seem to have been boosted more so than others by the recent pandemic price surge, but lately now seem to have been coming back down to Earth a little bit. I didn't expect them to remain at those apex pandemic price surge values, but also don't count them coming back down some as a free fall, just a bit of a market correction for now, I think. Good posts, great thread.