View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Rob,

Talking about one specific card, from one specific set, from one specific player, who is also recognized as one of the all-time greats of the game, AND as well as for his place in history in regards to issues surrounding segregation and racism not just in baseball, but in everyday life here in the U.S. as well. Not sure that is a good or particularly relevant example to use to help decide this particular question.

Also, I don't think the question should necessarily include or be about the recent pandemic surge in prices we've seen as well. Kind of like stocks, card prices can fluctuate on a more current basis over time. But to me, the OP's question is will those card prices over time continue to show an overall, ongoing rise.
Bob, I could have chosen more examples. Dave's question has already been answered by many others above. I was responding to Chad's 5 or so posts in a row that cards are bad and realized I was going off topic, and tried to circle back.

I know I oversimplify things and make too many loose analogies.

Around 1980,T206 Cobbs in vg were around $125 when the Leaf Jackie was $45. Leaf Ruth was $75. Prices have soared in the last 20 years. To me the wild surge around the pandemic were cards from 2000-present, which to me is a different hobby.

Last edited by RCMcKenzie; 03-27-2023 at 08:17 PM. Reason: put in 1980