View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 05:48 PM
Chad

Honest question, how many will continue to collect vintage especially with the prices now? I don't know a ton of people collecting especially younger folks, but I know very few that collect pre war, and most that do collect now, have to have a ton of extra cash to just waste. Some day the demand won't be nearly as strong as it is now. I'd imagine most of the high dollar cards/sets are held by people that got them many moons ago at a much more manageable price. Just like collector cars its more about generational interest. Not many 20 or 30 year olds want street rods or muscle cars, and some that do probably can't afford them. The people that have them want more than most can afford so the demand vs value isn't there. They would rather spend 30 grand on a tuner then 60 or 125 grand on something from the 30's - 70's. At some point it will be a very small group that values the cards many think will never lose value. Most of those will be the rich. No one else can really play, so once they (the wealthy) don't care I don't see much future. How many things in life did you think or feel would be forever that are all but forgotten? I don't see cards any different.

Last edited by Vintage Vern; 03-26-2023 at 05:50 PM.