View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
The only way for that to work would be for a monopoly to be established. Dana White essentially drove all other major organizations out of business. With King and Arum becoming elderly, Golden Boy is trying their damndest to do that right now.

I can't say I am rooting for them, to be honest.
Does anyone but me find it odd that , Bernard Hopkins knocked Oscar out with a body punch, and then amazingly after being counted out Oscar was strolling around the ring like he just got back from the candy store and doing an interview.

Any fighter will tell you that a body punch that renders you unable to beat a 10 count will hurt 10 times as bad AFTER the count.

But if that wasn't weird enough Oscar then signs Hopkins to a contract with "Goldenboy" promotions , coincidence ??

While we are on the subject of the demise of boxing lets not forget that they are STILL counting the money from the De La Hoya -Mayweather fight trying to figure out how much money they made in that the largest money making fight in history , The PPV revenue alone was over 150 million , Oscar was paid 52 Million and Floyd received 25 Million. Imagine how much they would have made if boxing was POPULAR .......

I BUY BASEBALL AUTOGRAPHS
stinsonsports.com