View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Default Thoughts on Authenticity

Posted By: 1880nonsports

respected advertising auctioneer - the baseball label - and I would trust his experience relative to it's authenticity without question. It was the same pair of labels - they sold @ 900.00. Of course that says nothing about this or any other example being right - it does suggest that a "find" was made if they are legitimate - a large print run if they're not happy.gif. Other questionable items by seller might raise a flag for me - I wish you hadn't said that as I'm bidding on one of the labels happy.gif Looking thru his feedback - it's good - and he sells many things - some better things - it wouldn't be unusual for something to get by -- although I haven't looked at the bat. I think the price on feebay which is primarily a wholesale market - might have been hurt by lack of knowledge and trust issues raised by cyberspace transactions or other issues like economics, limited interested base, who knows..... I also don't think the price THAT far off from how I would value it. More than a couple exist (and in pristine condition), they aren't posters or cigar box labels or samples, not proofs. I would think of it as a 600.00 - 800.00 item. I stand behind my beliefs that they're real until I see otherwise. The supply is the next question. Smart finders piece the stuff out slowly after assessing the market - like with any "new-old" stock. Others times it's like a flood and valuation plummets. Patience and time will probably tell........ You know of course as soon as you find sumptin youse never laid eyes on - three show up in the next week.