View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 03:08 PM
d.ean

I hit the show today (Sunday). I arrived just after noon. The parking lot was crowded so I was expecting a madhouse inside, but that was not the case. Very calm and no lines. I was there to add Frank Thomas to a HOF piece. The space is configured differently, and there was plenty of room. Saw the same dealers with the same material. There was even a Corvette parked on the show floor. Memorabilia wise, nothing really piqued my interest. I spoke with few dealers and most said the show was okay. Frank Thomas was very cordial and seemed to be having a good time.

The show is well run. The new autograph chute is an improvement over the mass of people huddled around a small entrance. Folks still tend to congregate there the thinking being they will miss the guest. PA system was great, with plenty of number updates and last calls and photo op information for each guest. The added signage for autograph numbers is a good idea, but ideally the board needs to be well above eye level.

Odd thing of the day, a collector had a nice rather large framed Deion Sanders Atlanta Falcon jersey and photos etc.. I saw the guy lugging this thing around for most of the time I was there. When I was in line for Frank Thomas, I glanced and saw Deion about to sign the guys piece. The guy had Deion sign the thin plexiglass that covered the piece not the jersey itself. Deion hesitated and signed the plexiglass. I don't see that signature lasting long on that material and at $100 a pop for Deion's signature......ouch.

Last edited by Huck; 07-17-2016 at 03:36 PM.