View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
thanks guys. this was the exact conclusion I came to as well. I tried searching for the original card/flip but couldn't find it! thanks to all.

I have told this individual it was a fake however he is still shopping it and attempted to sell it off to a buddy of mine (emmitt)

several things that stuck out like a sore thumb were: the overall font, spacing, the "8" in 1980 isn't level, the two "PP's" in topps.

I asked him to do the light thru the flip test as well and never got any communication afterwards.

again thanks to all and for the leniency of being in this forum. this one just get's more eyes and these are the opinions I value!

-Bob Evans
No problem on a bit of leniency Bob. Important things need more eyes, we are usually cool with that.
I am guessing the ring of fraudsters Sean refers to is the same one that has been selling a lof of high end bogus PSA cards on Craigslist for years. A couple? years ago I was quite involved with this case. The Dept. of Homeland Security and Secret Service have been working on it as it seems to have a perpetrator, who is the ringleader, that is out of this country (not so positive on that though).... He is good at what he does unfortunately.