View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 12:30 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I feel like I keep having to point this out, but this is the problem. Nowhere in that email did eBay actually accuse PWCC of shill bidding. Yet somehow, nearly everyone still walks away with that assumption.
Travis, you're not wrong, but you know how people can be. They'll read something quickly and walk away with the first thing that pops into their head. And in this instance, I think most people get the impression from that Ebay email that PWCC was directly involved somehow in the shilling claims. So even if someone slows down and carefully reads the statement to ascertain the correct, true meaning of what was being said in it, it can still be argued that the average person will take a negative position against PWCC from it, and thus there is damage being done to their reputation. Reminds me of how Bill Clinton (who is/was a lawyer) argued on the stand against allegations towards him from the Monica Lewinsky situation, about how he did not have certain relations with her. I'm pretty sure sure most people were saying to themselves, "Yes, you did!", but being a lawyer is very often about the precise meaning of words, and their perception by the parties involved and affected.

I still would like to also see the actual terms of use agreement PWCC had with Ebay, and wonder if that could hold any clues or answers as to why Ebay said and did what they did in regards to PWCC.

Last edited by BobC; 09-16-2021 at 05:53 PM.