View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 01:24 AM
Bill Gregory

Default Your “go to” vintage dealer(s) on EBay

I’ve decided to work on two projects as I slowly ease back into collecting. The first is the 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set I posted about earlier. I’m going to build it. The second is putting together a 1958 Topps Milwaukee Braves team set. Both in EX+ or slightly higher condition.

I feel that has strong eye appeal and good affordability. Cards that are pretty well centered with strong color and registration can have some subtle softness to the corners and edges, and I’m happy. I actually like a card that looks like it’s loved a bit, instead of sitting in a box for eternity.,

With the Williams set, I had the idea to blog about it. One, I want to showcase what I feel is still a criminally under-appreciated set some sixty years after its release. Two, I figure that putting the tidbits of information I learn in one place (along with examples of the goods I make) could benefit others that might look to start collecting post World War II cards.

So, my question: what dealer(s) do you have a good working relationship with on EBay? Who do you feel have established strong ties to the hobby, and are trustworthy? I will primarily be buying ungraded cards.

The two buyers I have dealt with the most are 4 Sharp Corners (for slabbed) and battersbox for ungraded. I feel both deal honestly, ship in a timely manner, and their shipping charges are fair. With battersbox, I also feel that their assessment of the conditions of their cards are pretty spot on.

I’d love to start building a list of sellers to look at when buying. I’d like to have at least three or four that I consistently do business with. I will, of course, get back to buying from sellers on our own BST.

Any information you could share here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everybody! I look forward to participating in the monthly discussions again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.