View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
The seller is not losing out on thousands because it isn't in a GAI holder. He likely lost thousands when he, himself was duped when purchasing that doctored card in the first place.

And for the record, I do not blame the seller at all - I doubt he was the card doctor or the original submitter to GAI. He was probably the original victim here.

Suppose I sell you an unopened pack of 1962 Topps baseball cards that I bought at a show years ago and believe to be authentic. You open the pack for one of those YouTube videos, and discover that there are 5 cards in the pack, but they are all from different series (which would be impossible for a genuine unopened pack.)

Are you saying you have no recourse? If you come to me for a refund, can I just say, "Well, in order for you to have uncovered the deception, you had to open them, and now that they are open, the deception is not relevant, because it is no longer an unopened pack."
Yeah talk about a Catch 22. You can return the watch if it's defective, as long as you haven't taken it out of the original packaging and used it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.