View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
In all due respect, I know the seller of that lot(Weimer,Joss, epdg m/c)...and believe it or not, his buy it now is not that far off....

Weimer is sister to mine....There are approx. 12 or less accounted for(ghost underprints).....There are the same amount of Brown Old Mills and Cobb Backs....These under print back ghosts are extremely, extremely rare and cool.....they are on a different level and would expect brown old mill or better pricing on them....

meaning, a 15 k price tag on that card alone presently would not be unheard of(especially relative to rare backs)......

Joss yellow brown is one of the nicest examples of yellow brown scrap....

Collectors may "think" there are a lot of yellow browns out here.....I estimate 80 or so.....that is rarer than drum my friend.......perceptually "common" to scrap, they are very rare......joss could bring 8 k plus at the right setting(rea) presently.....and future is the limit....

That 50/50 split back epdg is next to impossible....REA setting 6-8k EASY....maybe , SHOULD I DARE SAY, 10k??? why not....

15+10+8.....pure speculation.......not way off buy it now....I bet he'd get close to those in REA.....

THEY ARE JUSt that rare....

Dan's collection is sick.......60-80 on that lot would not be unheard of....and mark my words, future that will be a bargain.....no one realizes yet the uniqueness and rarity of these scraps....

the future looks bright as collectors become more educated....

Said many times before only worth what somebody is willing to pay you for them.

I will agree the days of these major oddballs being sub one thousand dollar cards is long gone, however in terms of value for the BIN price if there was really a value or deal to be had they still wouldn’t be listed and would have sold already.

Cheers,

John