View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 03:14 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
From what has been said in a thread I made asking about jjk copyart post cards, the ones that look exactly the same but don't have the words written on the back are not jjk copyart.
The thread in question is one collector's opinion, very forcefully stated multiple times as though it was fact, but with zero evidence. No one can know for sure w/o confirmation from JJK. Flatly declaring that the ones without the back printing are not JJK products is inductive reasoning at its worst. Just because we have JJK products stamped JJK on the back does not mean that all JJK products are stamped JJK. if the cards were offered on a wholesale basis, maybe the people ordering the cards had the option to skip the back printing for a cheaper price? If the cards were to be used as mail response cards for people requesting photos, for example. To my way of thinking, if the card front shows the same as the JJK card and the paper is the same, my suspicion is that the same printer made both cards but for different uses. That certainly is the case with the Felix Mendelsohn-produced set of 200 cards that was custom printed for 21 different businesses as well as released blank backed.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-31-2023 at 03:29 PM.