View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Not to hijack thread, but on the subject of STAT authentic: When I was at the Hofstra card show a few weeks ago in Long Island, There was a guy with what looked like stacks of pics signed by both Mantle and DiMaggio (Stat Authentic). I thought they looked funny and found it very strange that he had so many signed by both guys in the same sharpie, (All new looking glossy photos and sigs too and unframed/loose!).

There was a guy who stopped and asked about them and I believe the asking price was 200 for what I believe were 11x14's signed by DiMaggio and Mantle. Then the man asked the kid who was selling them why they were so cheap. His response was "I'm just looking to get rid of them".

I felt bad for the guy asking about them because he seemed interested. I'm not sure if he bought one or not. I wanted to warn him but didn't want to overstep my boundaries and/or cause a scene.

Talk about red flags though; so many of the exact same new looking photos of these deceased superstars for only 200 dollars. And the guy just wants to get rid of them. That told me all I need to know about STAT authentic.

It's a shame how many bad guys are out there.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 11-12-2009 at 07:43 PM.