View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Default First December Pickups

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Went on a mini buying trip today to one of my favorite small towns and picked up a few cool items.

Stopped in the first antique shop and headed for my favorite booth and picked up this Lefty Grove glove...kinda smallish so I think it's a youth glove. Needs some help, but for $15 I wasn't going to leave it there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also picked up this niftly little paper doll from 1894 McLaughlin's Coffee...Never seen it before. She folds over. I had to buy about 20 other dolls just to get this one, but I'll sell the rest on ebay and easily make my money back.

Next stop I found a nifty Wahoo Main Street postcard which clearly shows a banner hanging over the street that says "Baseball Today". Wahoo is the home of Sam Crawford.

Also solved a mini mystery of mine as I've always wondered what year this Cornhusker baseball team photo is from...I found a 1930 Nebraska Yearbook and it contains the exact same photo with all the players named...coached by John "Choppy" Rhodes a Nebraska baseball and football legend. He also coached the U of Wyoming in Football and was on Dana X Bible's football coaching staff when he was at Nebraska. The photo is the 1929 team.