View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Wayne V

Default 52 Bowman Mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
Going through a bottom drawer in an old desk yesterday, I found a small cardboard box stuck under a pile of plastic sleeves. I was dumbfounded to find these '52 B cards inside. Over the course of several decades, I had been constantly upgrading the set and disposing of duplicates online, until finally satisfied with the finished set. I thought all of the duplicates had been sold off long ago, and couldn't figure how these six - especially with half of them star cards - had hid in a drawer for so long. Thinking back about twelve years ago, a gall-bladder attack put me in the hospital and the opioid pain killers there played hob with my memory. Seems like these misplaced cards must have escaped as a result. Only G - VG, but maybe worth more now than they were then.
I had meant to buy a 1952 Bowman Mantle. My recollection was that I had never got around to it, and had moved on to other things.
I hadn't looked at my binder that is full of Yankee cards for a long time. One day I took a look, and there the 1952 Bowman Mantle was. I had bought it.
It probably grades around good/very good. I must have bought it around 1990, and I believe it was for around $200.