View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 07:51 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
it is a copy negative.
The person who made it, took the main photo and added the name area. A photograph of that was then shot and this is the negative from that photo.
This type of stuff happened quite a bit as this is the way most composite photos were created.
Composite photos are not considered type 1s according to the Yee/Fogel system adopted by PSA. Prints created around the time the negative was created would be considered type 3s. Newer prints would be type 4s.

TO answer your questions..
1 and 2) As others have said, I would scan the negative and use that if I was going to make prints.
3) I am not aware of PSA encapsulating negatives. They would encapsulate prints made from the negative as type 4s I would imagine.
4) I find negatives hard to price. Some, I thought would be expensive sold cheaply and others shot to the moon. For a generic Musial, I would not expect more than a couple hundred. Maybe a rookie image would bring more. How much, I am not sure.
IF YOU DO SCAN it and use to make a Good Print. Please take a picture and post it. Would love to see how it comes and how the quality looks

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph