View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 03:11 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Scott As I mentioned in previous post they were issued in a smal white bag. I have kept my set as issued so the checlist below was compiled by my 62 year old eyes looking at the pins pressed against the bag.

Boston : Bogaerts, Ortiz, Pedroia, Napoli, Cespedes

Pirates : Cole, Martin, Alvarez, Marte, McCutchen

St.Louis: Lynn, Carpenter, Molina, Wainwright, Holladay

Phillies: Rollins, Lee, Howard, Utley, Hamels

Tigers: Kinsler, Hunter, Cabrera, Verlander, Martinez

Oakland : Moss, Norris, Grey, Reddick, Dinaldson

Mets : Wheeler, Wright, Granderson, Harvey, Murphy

Twins: Plouffe, Suzuki, Dozier, Mauer, Hughes

Cubs: Castro, Lake, Jackson, Rizzo, Wood

Dodgers: Kershaw, Puig , Ramirez , Gordon , Gonzalez
Yankees See Pic...

The Pins are very attractive and designs vary by team. There are some very serious pin collectors on this board as well as very serious Topps collectors so I hoped to see some replies from others who picked these up in 2014
Hi Jonathan well being one of those serious pin collectors I knew about these sets but never had that much intrest in collecting them. My collection starts from about 1970 and down and I know many of us dont collect much above that date. While I do find these pins attractive my feeling is they wont bear out to be that significant in the pin collecting world. As you seem to say yourself they almost couldnt give them away.... But maybe one day these pins will find a right place in the collecting world... Everyone collects what they like and like you say they are attractive as well as intresting.. Enjoy them in your collection..

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..