Thread: Anyone Garden?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 08:18 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I use to have a big garden, but it just became to much work. I even sold my troy built tiller this past Spring I have a small area that I plant lettuce throughout the winter, but that's about it.
In this small lettuce area, I planted some Mammoth sunflowers and here how they look this AM as the heads are just starting to form. I plan on just leaving these for the Cardinals that are around my place:

Eight or ten years ago I started my orchard with four Tangerine trees and they are doing well with lots of golfball size fruit that will be ready in December. These trees are on the left in this picture, apple trees down the right:

Then four or five years ago I planted two peach trees, two pear trees, and eight apple trees. I got good peaches this year, but the pear trees didn't even bloom. Growing apples in Florida is quite the trick, the only varieties that do any good are Anna and Dorsett as they require very few hours of freezing temperatures. For the first time I am harvesting a good crop of apples and I've picked at least 40 pounds. The apples are ready now, and there are more on the tree waiting to be picked, some apples on the ground too. One of the pear trees on the front right, the apples are in line on the left:

Since I don't have to go out and weed the garden, I think I might just hang out by the "cement pond" today:

Last edited by LuckyLarry; 06-25-2016 at 08:20 AM.