View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 01:35 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnVT View Post
Over the past year, I've become pretty bored with cards...seems like the same stuff in every auction and most of the cards that I have had an interest in are either drying up or overpriced. My focus has shifted some in recent months to historically significant baseball memorabilia. I see this as a niche that offers the ability to gain significantly more knowledge and growth as s collector. For me, it's time to broaden my interest...anyone in the same boat? If so, what (beyond cards) keeps you interested and actively collecting?
I still like my old baseball cards, but, like most people on this side of the board, I really enjoy memorabilia. I recommend you try it. I started collecting old, game used bats about 30 years ago, when more were available than now. If, like me, you end up working on specific teams or seasons, there's likely to be a lot of waiting. But when you find something that you've wanted for years (or decades), it's a great feeling. It has been a lot of fun learning how to evaluate a bat, especially when learning from other collectors.