View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Mmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
Actually, practically everyone north of the Macinac bridge is already a Packers fan. Land-wise, even half of the state of Michigan doesn't support the Lions!

There are 2 teams from pre-Super Bowl days that have never played in a Super Bowl®. The Browns have been to 5 AFC championship games but no Super Bowls®. The Lions have only been to one NFC championship game, which they lost in a squeaker to Washington 41-10.

Before the Super Bowl era, the Lions were actually quite successful. In their first 28 years of existence, they made it to 5 championship games, winning 4 of them. The last championship came in 1957. The Fords took over in 1963.

It is widely assumed that both Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson retired early because the Lions sucked and were going to suck in the future. Sad.

I ask again, please call or write your congressman. Cater to my wishes!!!! The Fords must be forced to sell this team or, at this point, I'd settle for them moving the team to Canada and joining the CFL. They could be the British Columbia Lions. That would be cool.
Scott, look at the bright side. You could be living in Illinois where they don't have a professional football team.

Cheers! Rick from Wisconsin

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.