View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 12:31 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
i used SGC a few times for things i want to keep (the black slab look is awesome), and they did a nice job. but not sure i see this financial gap closing as you say. aside from iconic stuff, all the modern SGC cards i see are going for way less than PSA (i don't have time to do a lengthy study, but the difference appears significant on items i've seen).
If I have time, maybe I'll post a thread showing the data and how it has changed over time. I've definitely been watching it though, and the gap is narrowing. But there's still a significant gap between a PSA 10 and an SGC 10. However, there's also a significant gap between a PSA 10 and a gold label SGC 10 in the other direction. The narrowing of that gap though is what interests me the most. How long might it take for them to catch up, if they ever could, remains to be seen. But if I'm looking to buy a nice copy of a high-end card that I intend to hold for at least 5 to 10 years, I'm buying it in an SGC holder because not only will I get the gains of whatever the future market value of that card is, I will also get the future gains of SGC's closing of the gap in pricing as they continue to gain market share (if that indeed continues, and I anticipate that it will).