View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 05:34 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
"My verification team has informed me that we only recognize Red and Black backs on the label. Not Gray backs. "

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
From a quick ebay search this seems to be accurate. They have 0 gray back SGC cards for sale and the only 2 that have sold recently were not labeled gray backs.

My 2 thoughts (not that they mean much)

1) Anyone who is expert enough to want and pay premiums for the gray back probably aren't going to need the label to verify that it is actually a gray back.

2) If the SGC drop down and your order/invoice showed "gray back" as a label distinction then they owe you a partial refund at the very least, since you paid to have them labeled under that pretense.

Out of curiosity who have you been corresponding with at SGC?
I've had nothing but good experience with their customer service in the past, including recently.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Your 2 centsbare appreciated !

It's some kid in customer service, Brent.

Yes I chose either "gray back" or "canadian" from their drop down menu with a note asking of they could label either all as gray back or all as canadian. The real shame was I sent the Frank house yellow tiger...gray back to them for proper labeling. It's as rare as a 52 Mantle in PSA 8 and they blew it!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors