View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 08:02 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
At least they have the BCCG 7: Very Good or Better or whatever in large print on their label. As long as they realize the card would likely grade a 3 at other companies, what they're doing isn't dishonest. Annoying, but not deceptive.
I disagree completely. From Beckett's site, they claim it is a 10 point grading system, just like PSA, SGC or BVG but yet they skew the numbers and go against what the norm is throughout the world with regards to that. A 10 in anyone's mind is a perfect example and the numbers below that, as anyone knows, the quality becomes less and less. It is no different than calling a woman a 10 like Bo Derek or whoever you think is worthy of the claim/title. With BCCG, a 10, 8, 6, whatever is not to the same standard, which makes one wonder why/question how this can be a 10 point grading system?

"In an effort to reach our wider audience, BCCG was created as a high-volume grading service intended to provide collectors with an attractive and affordable alternative to other graded card products.
Simplified 10-point grading scale
No internal sleeve
Quality archival protection
Sonically sealed/tamper-proof protection
"

In this old post, you can actually see how their numbers compare to the norm. In my opinion, this is a 100% deceptive.
What is the purpose of this other than to deceive?
"BCCG has a completely different grading scale from any of the other grading companies including Beckett. The BCCG grading scale is:

BCCG 10 Mint or Better = BGS 9 or Better
BCCG 9 Near Mint or Better = BGS 7 or Better
BCCG 8 Excellent or Better = BGS 5 or Better
BCCG 7 Very Good or Better = BGS 3 or Better
BCCG 6 Good or Better = BGS 2 or Better
BCCG 5 Poor or Better = BGS 1 or Better"

In this older post, it sounds like you also thought the same once upon a time?
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220046

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfh24 View Post
Just wondering about others experience, Can we assume that a BCCG 9 would at least grade out a a PSA 7? I have occasionally seen a few vintage graded BCCG 9 that I considered purchasing but never took the chance.
I highly doubt it that would be the case. Like I mentioned earlier, a BCCG graded would, in most cases, likely grade out about half or less at SGC or PSA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEgaZGrf2gg

Last edited by irv; 12-19-2018 at 08:34 AM.