View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 08:53 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
What is the difference between BGS and BCCG? Did they just change their name and why? These effin acronyms are so ridiculous and is there a difference between a BCCG 9 to a PSA 7? Does PSA crack these stupid BCCG plastic containers, regrade on it's own merit and put back into their own stupid holder? Pretty new to all the grading stuff but want to buy graded if at all, due to fakes everywhere?

Should one just steer clear of BCCG, are they a scam? would you have any BCCG in your collection or were they shitty at grading and no one wants them

Thanks
They are not the same. BGS is for modern cards. BVG is for vintage, and BCCG is something different still that was supposed to be some type of collectors club as a cheaper option. Honestly I don't know much about BCCG because I've always steered clear, but from what I know of them, it was an attempt to change the grading scale with fine print detail. For example their 8 is not NM-MT, it's "EX or better" (Huh?) Yes, if you submit a card in a BCCG holder, any other service will absolutely crack it, grade on their scale and it's own merits - and it would not be uncommon for a BCCG 8 to be something like a PSA 4.

IMO, Beckett grading is your last option. I would never send to them. Their marketing if nothing else is a disaster, and they are not respected in the marketplace for grading anything other than modern cards. Vintage doesn't really hold it's value. I have gotten some deals there, but always bust the cards out of the BVG slabs.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-18-2018 at 08:55 AM.