View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update- Scammer alert- Scott Norris, Scott Allen,T206whiteborders, Shoeboxlegends

Yesterday a member tipped me off to someone selling a '52 Mantle, on the board, who also said he had more just laying around. So I called the person, "Scott Norris" and didn't leave a message. I sent him an email saying we need to chat. He had only registered a few days ago and hasn't even posted yet. He never emailed back. Then I saw he had been on the board SINCE I emailed him so I banned him. Again, no contact. I was just now alerted to another potential '52 Topps issue, one being sold on the board. So, I pulled up the registration and lo and behold, the email address said Scott Norris but the message he told me used another name. So now he is banned too......anyone dealing with this person should be really careful.

I like to put scammers in the spotlight as much as possible and here are the registrations......Since there is about a 1 in a million chance I am wrong, I will say this is all alleged on my part......

"-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:51 AM
To: leon@net54baseball.com
Subject: net54 membership

Hello Leon, I hope you find it fitting for me to become a member of the forum. My net 54 user id is t206whiteborders, my name is Scott Allen and my telephone number is 1-216-355-xxxx. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again, Scott"

"From: Scott Norris [mailto:shoeboxlegends@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 2:14 PM
To: leon@net54baseball.com
Subject: Net54

Hello Leon, Im responding to your link regarding signing up to net54 forum. My user id is shoeboxlegends, my name is Scott Norris, and my telephone number is 1-216-931-xxxx. Hope you'll allow me to join your forum and learn more about the hobby I love so much. Thanks again, Scott
Scott Norris
shoeboxlegends@aol.com"

And here is a thread with him trying to scam someone..I believe

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181017

Last edited by Leon; 01-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.