View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 05:49 PM

Default Cabaņas 1909 (1)

Hello, I answer you through the thread because it is your wish, the questions of the 1909 "Cabaņas Cigars" cards, Los Tigres after winning the American League and losing the world series came to Cuba to hold several meetings with Habana and Almendares, and The cards were printed for them, as shown in my catalog only the names of the cards that are known appear, I know 8 players from Almendares but perhaps more of them were made, but so far they have not appeared the same happens with the Havana cards , which if it is certain is the 12 of the Detroit team since I show you the original sheet before printing with the faces of the 11 players and the umpire, there are variations for example Luis Bustamante has 3 different cards in terms of the information that It appears in the description at the bottom, the same happens with Heliodoro Hidalgo, and in the 12 of Detroit the lower bar that identifies the player has a different design, that is, there are 24 cards of the T igres because this variation appears in all of them, they are the first known Cuban baseball cards, and of great rarity. The series was won by the Cubans 4-2, and the game on November 18 was something impressive since Bombin Pedroso in 11 innin who acted as a pitcher did not allow the Tigers a hit. Later I will continue because now I have to charge the battery of the mobile.