View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Todd Schultz

Default Px7 ?

I jut saw where this same 1916 World Series parlor game is up for auction at Heritage with a component not previously discussed--the game piece. As you can see, there are two pieces offered as part of this game:
http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-co...uction-120115#

The reason this struck me is that the game piece appears to be identical to what has been considered part of the px7 Domino Disk set. Here's mine:

This makes me wonder if the game piece has been erroneously included as part of px7 by collectors these many years or if instead it was appropriated after px7 expired so as to be used again. At first I thought it might just be happenstance that these two pieces were found with the game but if you magnify the instruction sheet graphics you'll see where the pieces--more of them actually--were to be used as part of the game.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 02-01-2016 at 09:56 AM.