View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 03:06 PM
Jeremy

Default Super Expensive Rare Error Cards

Question about super expensive rare error cards (I'm a T205 collector, so this was prompted by the T205 Hoblitzell No Stats currently up for auction): I collect cards for my personal enjoyment, and that enjoyment comes from looking at them. I can't justify spending five figures on an error card, even when I can afford it, because I just can't see getting that much enjoyment from looking at, say, a T205 Hoblitzell no stats, as compared to spending the same amount on a beautiful T205 Cobb or Mathewson, for example. So my question is this: for the people who do spend that kind of money on very rare error cards, is it because 1)you do get that kind of enjoyment from the card, and spend a lot of time looking at it, 2)you just really want to complete a master set, 3)the rarity means as much or more than an equally expensive card whose value comes from the player or the condition, 4)you think they are good investments, or 5)you just have so much money that it is not a major financial sacrifice?
192/240 1933 Goudeys (Ruth #144, #149, Gehrig #92)
126/208 T205s
28/108? Diamond Stars