View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
I've decided to make a run at the 1952 Topps set. I've added an additional layer to my misery by setting out to only centered examples (45-55 or better) of every card.

'm sure many of you have taken the same approach and collected this set (or at least a portion of it), so I'm looking for some advanced scouting. Which cards were the hardest to find entered. I know the centering is generally awful in this set, but I figure there must be at least a few cards that are nearly impossible to find with the centering I'm looking for
.. I hope you are very young as you begin this tilt at the windmill ; your " 55-45 or better " of all 407 means it's possible that your grandsons might still be hunting for them at card shows . I have several hundred '52's , ; I would venture that maybe half of the members on the post-war side of the forum have as many too. Most of us have just given up on centering . Of my 300 or so , I have mebbe 19 with really really decent centering.

...good hunting , and please keep us in the loop. Hell , we could start a club ..

The hunt for a centered 407 Eddie Mathews will be , uh , interesting.