View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 09:14 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
I've decided to make a run at the 1952 Topps set. I've added an additional layer to my misery by setting out to only centred examples (45-55 or better) of every card.

'm sure many of you have taken the same approach and collected this set (or at least a portion of it), so I'm looking for some advanced scouting. Which cards were the hardest to find entered. I know the centring is generally awful in this set, but I figure there must be at least a few cards that are nearly impossible to find with the centring I'm looking for
Good luck with your quest. I still haven't finished as I still need 4, but I haven't given up yet.
In hindsight, like you are planning on doing, I wish I had of taken my time more.
For whatever reason, (just recently back in the hobby as most likely being the reason) I rushed to amass as many as I could in order to complete my set.
I also remember thinking, since the cards came that way from the factory, centering wasn't a big deal, but I was wrong as I eventually learned here.

For whatever reason, Al's link didn't work so I'll try mine.
Good luck with your quest, and yeah, there are many that are very tough to find centered, let alone perfectly.
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=294679