Thread: autographs
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 06:55 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
I'm not a subscriber to the Times, however, I know this story well enough.

In this current climate, it does not matter if he signed it or not. To US it might matter, but to the people buying this card, it does not. They do not care if he signed it. It's shiny, with a big price tag, slabbed by the number one card authenticator. It's being treated like a high end piece of art, along with every other card that exceeds seven figures. Now it has this story behind it to boot, and while in a normal, rational market, that may bring the price of the card down, this market, is far from normal or rational.

The real question is, will it matter in 30, 40, 50 years? Long after all of this is over.

I'm not gonna make some sort of Doomsday prediction on when the bottom is going to fall out. But another crash is coming, economically speaking. Consumer debt, has doubled since 2000. We as a collective society have more debt, fewer assets, less in savings, with minimal changes being made to our wages. We as a society are going to face some significant problems, and everything from Houses to cardboard is going to come crumbling down.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.