View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Default Who are the Three Most Knowledgeable Vintage Baseball Card Guys

Posted By: tbob

Rhys- thanks for the compliment on the E card knowledge and you are right, there are lots of people who know more about Old Judges than I do, but I am learning . That's the great thing about this board, the shared knowledge. Although some of the long, long time collectors have probably forgotten more than some of us know, this and the Full Count boards have really brought a lot of us up to speed on a lot of issues. Mark Macrae has shared a lot of information about Obaks and Zeenuts with me but some of the guys "in the trenches" like Brian Parker have really been invaluable in sharing their knowledge also. Tim Newcomb increased my knowledge of T207s more than I probably wanted with his informative articles in which he painstakingly analyzed the possibilities of distribution of the various companies vis a vis the different backs.
For all the griping about sniping posts and conflicting personalities of posters that we sometimes make, this board is a great way to learn about our great hobby, the cards, and often just as importantly, how not to get scammed, cheated, tricked or bamboozled in buying cards.
Bob M.