View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 PM

Yes, I wasn't mistaken Richard who I have purchased from (a long time ago, not much of a collector anymore) and consider one of the better dealers out there. I still have a Dizzy Dean on the wall I matted and framed up, my favorite player. The fact that "the Coach" can get away with this is mind blowing and not to mention criminal as whoever consigned this, somewhere there was an attempted to deceive which is a crime. In the auction that just ended, three funnies to point out, the first two from the guy who dates his balls.

1) A Barry Halper "authenticated" Barack Obama signed softball. First off, does that look like a softball to any of you? Second of all, Halper died on December 18, 2005. Barack Obama assumed office on January 20, 2009. Most of these letters are from the mid to late 1980's (when I guess Barry Halper was a dealer, who knew) and there is no mention of the date from this letter.

2) How pleased do you think this consignor is with this Anson price? It's a beauty at 100 years old. They had a 102 more items that came from the Ed Doherty Jr. Collection; a baseball executive who died in 1971.

3) Seriously? This lot of index cards sold for $17. Doesn't all the handwriting kind of look familiar?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ObamaBallwHalperLOA.jpg (67.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg AnsonBallSoldForLot.jpg (57.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Indexcards.jpg (23.6 KB, 91 views)