View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Jason

Default Buyer's Remorse in a Virtual Marketplace

Here's a general question for the populace, as I would be interested to hear other folks' thoughts on what happened to me with a relatively recent purchase for my T206 collection (yes, I have finally decided that I have one of these collections too).

In today's world of buying probably the majority of one's collection virtually, online in some way, where the only thing you see of a card is a scan or digital image before you buy it, I was wondering how many times has this happened to you?
You buy the card, thinking it looks great, and you think it does, or might, or someday could, fit into your collection.
Then you get it delivered.
-And you wonder why you bought it.
-Not because you are disappointed in the quality.
-Not because you feel it was misrepresented in the sale.

Just because you don't like it as much as you thought you did based on seeing it online. The pride of ownership just isn't what you thought it was going to be...or it's significantly less than it might be if you had made the decision in person at a show or a shop....

This happened to me recently with a T206 Lake. I just don't see what appealed to me about the card. Perfectly fine and smooth transaction and the card looks like it's supposed to. I am just not so sure I would have bought it had I seen it in person.

any similar stories?

(not including late night alcohol-aided decisions on Ebay bidding!)