View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 11:37 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
I found information on him Greg he was quite the athlete it seems. I'll clip and post some of it.
Interesting. T218 features many members of the New York Athletic Club among its cards, who he says he is a member of in his letter to Hyland. Many of the boxers in it are in T225, which is in his ledger under the Old Masters business name, T220 (which bears a Brett stamp on the proof sheet) and T9 Turkey Red. T9 is of course improperly catalogued and it and T3 should really be the same. The Lelands auction says "An interesting note in the book where Frank Fullgraff credits himself with naming the Turkey Red Cigarettes along with several proofs for the Turkey Reds packaging". So this would seem to connect Fullgraff to the T218 cards and to the T3/T9, making him probably part of the Baseball issues as well (presumably the same releases for T3 and t206 were used instead of a different one with each set, as neither the Ball or Hyland letters seem to restrict use to a single card). I can't wait to see what you have found