View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 10:00 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
A teacher purposely propped open that particular door and then wedged it with something to keep it open, that door is automatically locked from the outside at all times. I imagine that is very common at schools so the teachers can take a quick smoke or get on their phones for a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I keep asking the same question. As I recall after Sandy Hook there was a big push to step up security in schools. What happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Oh I agree with you personally, but there has never been one of these incidents in which the gun banners were willing to consider any real legislation besides more regulation on a right generally utilized by their political enemies.

I don’t think it’s about trying to actually address the problem ina meaningful way for anti-2nd legislators, it’s about criminalizing their political opposition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
When I graduated, my high school was the largest (campus size, not population) in the state of Texas. It may still be, I don't know. We probably had 30 or more buildings, but I don't know exactly. I can tell you that included 4 cafeterias, 3 gymnasiums and 2 libraries. Each building probably had 4 entrances, so you're looking at 120+ entrances. It would be impossible to put a guard at every entrance or even 1 per building. Your idea would probably work at most schools, wouldn't have worked at mine.
There is a negative relationship between education and police. People of color, who don't trust police, and who are allied with Democrat politicians, don't really want police in schools (I'm a moderate Democrat - a dying breed! I'm also a teacher). The official term is "school to prison pipeline." This looks at POC receiving much harder punishments for the same activities in school compared to white kids who are let off with a slap. This often comes down to white parents yell louder and appeal school discipline. POC who receive OSS numerous times eventually drop out, and this leads to higher crime rates.

You want a good read, check out the ongoing problem in Spokane WA. Spokane Public Schools vs Spokane PD & City Council. City Council asked FBI to get involved. SPS has a non written policy "do not contact the police." The front page headlines in Spokane could be many a district in this state. Teachers of both political parties don't feel safe, but this is a top down initiative starting in the state capitol. One veteran teacher said, "We let the inmates run the asylum."

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-30-2022 at 10:06 PM.