View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 06:23 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I don't think it is controversial, or easily dismissed, that huge glaciers pushed south through the northern 2/3 of Minnesota about 10,000 years ago, carving out most of our 13,000 +/- lakes. Imagine how huge those ice sheets must've been, not just across, but thick and heavy enough to gouge big lake basins. Imagine how much ice expansion had to happen for these huge glaciers to move hundreds of miles, slowly changing the landscape.

And then imagine how extremely cold it must've been, even in summer, for those glaciers to continue to grow and expand, rather than melting away. And not just for one or two years, but probably hundreds if not thousands of years or more.

Now the thought of temps rising one or two degrees over the next 100 years throws some people into a panic.
This^^^. It's amazing what I am currently reading/hearing up here. One would think it's the end of times, life is over as we know it based on that. Our weather channel background is all bright red and the language they use, "Storm Warning" has a big lightning bolt coming down from the "T" in Storm.
It is still currently raining here and is +2c out. Zero snow, zero wind, just rain. Our supposed 20-30 cm's that we were supposed to get has now been dropped to a possible 5-10.
What happened to the days when they just said snow is on the way so make sure you have your snow shovels ready?
Fear, fear and more fear. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were trying to recondition us, brainwash us and reprogram us?
Climate crisis lockdowns are just around the corner just like covid was, you can bet on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post

Ha! Good luck getting a response to that!
It's their typical response when their little minds don't have anything in the form of a rebuttal or argument. Resorting to insults is their MO every time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg liberal10.jpg (27.8 KB, 192 views)