View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 03:06 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGallo View Post
Mine may very well be one of those cut out, but I have seen the Cracker Jack ones graded in the past so who knows. Is the back of the poster blank I am not sure I am familiar with it.

At one point I have all or nearly all the backs for Attell, but they refuse to note the backs and it became a pain some are far rarer then others. Good luck with the hunt.

James G
Some of the backs advertise that people can buy a full set "framed" for $1; which is the poster, and has a blank back. I believe there are at least 2 extant copies of the complete poster known. The cards cut from it are a bit thinner than a normal card, and are the "blank backs" ones usually sees. I don't believe any of the authenticators have ever slabbed them, though I doubt SGC is really aware of the details. Because the poster wasn't just for advertising and as available for direct sale, a fair number of these blank back cutouts are floating around. It's probably this then, that caused it not to grade, rather than a policy change. No idea why they wouldn't grade the other card...

Some of the backs are a lot tougher than people realize. Gorgeous little set that gets not much love. Here's one of the complete posters:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg T225 Poster copy.jpeg (117.9 KB, 769 views)